Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pirate Flag

For all you country music lovers out there, Kenny Chesney's latest release Pirate Flag has made me do some thinking recently. When I first heard the song I loved the tune and how catchy it was. However, after listening to it a few more times I really heard the lyrics and they spoke to me. His chorus says:

"I spent my whole life running around,
Still let the wind kinda blow me around,
Well I dropped a note in a bottle,
To a long-legged model,
And I traded it in for a whole 'nother world,
A pirate flag and an island girl"
 
 
After hearing this over and over it's like I was slapped in the face and realized this is something every human does. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He came down to Earth, died on a cross, to save me of my filthy sins. I personally accepted Him into my heart, after asking for forgiveness of all my sins, and I was wiped clean of my past life. I now strive to grow closer to God, to live my life for Him. I don't partake in certain things because I know it's not what my Heavenly Father wants me to do. I live my life (as best as I can) according to how the Bible says to. By no means am I perfect, I do mess up ALL the time, I still sin just as everyone else in the world. But, the great thing about it is I know my sins are forgiven, and that my Father still loves me no matter how many times I mess up!! How awesome is that?
 
We all "spend our whole life running around", looking for something that can fill an empty void within us. Because we are searching for something to fulfill our happiness, it's like we "let the wind kinda blow us around", right? Now I never dropped a note in bottle for a long-legged model, but I did ask God to come into my heart and forgive me of my sins, because I believe and admit that my faith is in Jesus Christ.

So many people are so comfortable in their lives, even though they are itching for something else. Many people say they are "Christian", but they live their lives in a worldly manner. Many believe that following Jesus means they have to give up the "fun things of the world", i.e.: partying (drinking, smoking, drugs, etc.), pre-marital sex, occupation, luxuries, fine clothes, etc. But, it's not a list of rules to be followed like at school, they are guidelines of how to live our lives so we can be closer with Him, where we can eventually proclaim his name to all the nations!!
 
I don't call myself a "Christian", because I don't want to go to hell, rather for what the word really means "little Christ". I want to be able to interact with people, and for them to know immediately that there's something different about me. That by the way I talk, and live my life, that they can see how different it is it could be something that they would want to partake in as well.

So let me ask you this: are you willing to trade your life in for "a whole 'nother world"? Not for a pirate flag, or an island girl, but for eternity with Jesus Christ.



{If anyone reading this has any questions about their faith, or wanting to gain more information, please feel free to message me and I will be more than willing to help explain anything that needs to be cleared up}

No comments:

Post a Comment